Sunday, November 20, 2016

First Sweet Tee ~ Patterns for Pirates



Even though I posted another Sweet Tee (Patterns for Pirates) make on this blog, this is the first one I ever made.  If you compare with the first blog post you will notice the original fit is a bit more relaxed. (I took the second one in a bit more on the sides.) I seriously love this shirt! It is a pretty doable project in 2.5 hours.  (I'm sure some of you can whip one up much quicker than that.) This shirt is so comfy!  The print is Idle Wild by Riley Blake that I had been eyeing for way too long and finally sent home with me.  The trim is some bamboo rayon I had in my stash.


I originally made this shirt with the curved hemline, but I really wasn't a fan of the way it dipped down low past my hips.  Sometimes things look great on a model and when you put it on your petite body you have to adjust.  I ended up cutting it a little higher with a little bit less of a dramatic curve.  I think it looks more proportional.  Don't ever be afraid of changing a pattern to fit your body or your style.  It's what being a maker is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!