Halloween is almost over. Before I call it a night, I wanted to show you Mr. P.S.'s costume as the Phantom of the Opera:
We look pretty good together, don't you think? I loved having a couples' costume this year. I already talked a lot about what went into making my costume. I started making this the Phantom's tunic back in March but didn't finish it until mid-October. I realized that I am just not as motivated to make things for other people, especially things that aren't cute. I mean, Mr. P.S. has been asking me for over a year to take in a couple of shirts and I still haven't gotten around to it.
Anyway, I chose View D with the grommet option. I found a nice lightweight rayon/cotton at Denver Fabrics for $4/yd. A lightweight fabric seems to work best for this pattern so it can drape properly. I made a medium and didn't have to make any adjustments for fit.
The pattern instructions were very straightforward. This is a great pattern. I highly recommend it!
I found the cape at an estate sale in town. I made the cumberbund after seeing tutorials here and here.
The hubs loved how comfortable the tunic was and that the sleeves made his shoulders seem extra broad. (I guess it's a man thing.) I can think of a few other costumes we could use the tunic for. Score!
'Hope you had a happy and safe Halloween! My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the storm.