Monday, December 3, 2012

Reindeer Felt Stocking

I did it! I finished Mr. P.S.'s stocking. If you remember, I took the pattern from the book Scandinavian Needlecraft.



I didn't have much success gluing the reindeer to the stocking.  Fuzzy wool and adhesive don't mix!   I had to restitch a couple of areas to include the reindeer layer and the stocking layer so hopefully it will hold.  I finished the top edge with a bias tape-esque woven trim from Hancock's.  I made a little hook and attached it on the right top seam, but it was so bulky that it made the stocking hang funny.  I moved it slightly to the inside back of the stocking.

Now on to my stocking!  I would also like to make some stocking hangers for our mantel.  I like the ones below:






 I've had hardly any time for sewing because Mr. P.S. had surgery on his hand so I've been doing all of the house stuff and driving him around.  Busy busy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the stocking! Looks great! and the wood stocking hangers are awesome inspirations!

    New follower!

    Melanie @ keepitsimpleandfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!