Friday, October 19, 2012

Pattern Review: Simplicity 5582 - Peasant Style Blouse


I used Simplicity 5582, View B, to make a blouse for my Christine Daae costume.  I used a simple white poplin for the fabric.  This fabric was great because it isn't see through and is warm enough to wear on a fall day. 



As you can see pictured above, the neckline is rather wide.  I brought the neckline up by adding 2 1/2" to the top edge of the front, back and sleeve pieces and by not using as much elastic.  I also added a large ruffle around the neckline using a strip of my fabric 2 1/2" tall and the length equal to the circumference of the neckline.  The edge of the ruffle is finished with some cotton lace. 

I chose to have short sleeves with an elastic casing 1 1/2" inches above the sleeve edge.   The blouse bottom edge was a little long but that was easily remedied.


 I love this blouse because of its versatility as a costume piece.  I could be Little Red Riding Hood, a peasant, a pirate or even Little Bo Peep.  The pattern was really easy to follow.  This is a great pattern for a beginner who doesn't want to bother with buttons or zippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!