Thursday, October 18, 2012

Christine Daae Costume - M6343, S5582, B4731




Here it is...my 2012 Halloween Costume!  I finished it with almost 2 weeks to spare.  I made the entire costume except the hair piece.

This was my inspiration:


I used the following patterns to create this Phantom of the Opera 'Point of No Return' look from the motion picture:

Lined Corset - McCall's 6343
Blouse - Modified version of Simplicity 5582
Skirt - Modified from Butterick 4731

Sash - a thrifted Target window drape cut into a square
Hair Piece - a thrifted clip from Plato's Closet


The whole look cost under $50 to create.  Later in the month I will show you the matching Phantom costume I created for my husband. 


In future posts I will share pattern reviews of each garment I made.


I've been collecting items for months!  It's great to see this all come together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!