Friday, September 7, 2012

Tonight I'm An Insomniac...With Word Art

Tonight I stayed up late to can some homegrown tomatoes...and now I cannot sleep.  I decided to have a little fun with a free website, called Tagxedo, that helps you create awesome word art.  Here are some of the designs I came up with to share:







First, you create a word cloud out of one of your blogs, tweets or even a Google search.  Then, choose a shape for your word cloud or upload your own.  (I uploaded silhouettes of a sewing machine and a dress form.) Tweak your art by changing the theme, font or color.  Under 'load', you can even enter your own text.  The more times you enter a word, the bigger it shows up in the Tagxedo.  The thing I like about this particular program is that you can easily save, print and share these online.

Feel free to 'pin' these and share with your friends.  Let me know if you come up with your own.  I would love to see them!


6 comments:

  1. Great idea!! would look cute on some t-shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your first one! Does the website give you a high res version that you could print and frame? I could probably make one, but yours is so cute and already done, I would trade you a few patterns for a high res copy of that first one that I could print out. It would look so cute framed in my sewing space. Let me know, otherwise I may just steal your idea and make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sewing machine word art picture you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super cool idea! I was thinking it'd look great printed on a good size canvas and displayed on the wall in a home! Looks like something classy you could get at Walmart or Target but there isn't another like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I'd love to try this with my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!