Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Knock-Out Dress Ideas

Need a little dress inspiration?  I really like ModCloth's dresses, but they don't carry petite sizes.  Sometimes it really is best to make it yourself.  Sew Weekly's Make This Look.com shows you the ModCloth look, and how you can sew a similar look yourself.  Here are some of my latest favorites:

Mmm...pink and brown together again.


I'm not sure how in love I am with the color of this dress, but it's nice to see how New Look 6723 would turn out in a brocade. You can see how well the skirt holds its shape and sticks out, unlike what a drapey fabric would do.  These are things that are hard to envision when you're pairing patterns with fabric.


I really need to try polka dots.  Fabric.com has the same Jane Sassaman print in red that I could really go for.


This Michael Miller print looks comfortable and breathable.  I love the red satin accenting on the dress.

Sew Weekly adds a new look every week.  Do you have a favorite look?

2 comments:

  1. I love all these dresses!! Can I just hire you as my personal sewer :) I don't have the energy to sew right now and do my greenhouse, but I love reading your blog!! We have very similiar tastes in clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could go shopping together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!