Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Easy Serger Cover

 My new serger needed a dust cover.  I could have bought a plastic one, but they rip easily.  A fabric one is also much cuter.

I used about 7/8 yard of a calico print and cut out 4 pieces.  


I got the dimensions of my serger with the spool stand in the 'down' position.   My machine is 13" wide, 11" deep and 11" tall.  I added 1/4" seam allowances and made 2 side pieces that curve on the side, and rectangular front and back pieces.


Sewing the cover was a piece of cake with the overlock machine.  It took about 10 minutes, was all, and the fabric was just $3. This is a super simple dust cover.  If you decide to make your own, you could also back the fabric with interfacing to make it stiffer or use upholstery fabric, add a pocket on the side for accessories or finish the edges with bias tape.

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!