Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pillow Creatures Part 1: Pillow Pug

The last couple of weeks I have been busy making and wrapping Christmas gifts for my family.  I made three Pillow Creatures to give to my little nephews.  Today, I would like to introduce you to the

Pillow Pug:


The pillow forms are from Ikea, that I bought for just $3 last August.  I bought three, one for each of the boys.  They measure about 13"x13", a perfect size for a little pillow.  To make the Pillow Pug, I used black fleece for the body and craft felt for the facial features.  


I embroidered the nose, by hand, and used a zig-zag stitch for the eye pieces and a specialty machine stitch for the mouth.


The inside ears are cut from my husband's old dress shirt.  

I think my pug-loving nephew will approve!  Stay tuned...more Pillow Creatures to come.


2 comments:

  1. These are just so cute Please stop by and link up with our Crafty Christmas Gifts http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2011/12/crafty-christmas-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite! Don't mind if I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!