Monday, December 5, 2011

Amy Adams' Style in The Muppets New Movie



Scott and I went to see the new Muppet movie last Friday with a bunch of our friends.  I would definitely recommend this one!  My husband especially liked the Nirvana song the barbershop quartet sang.  I got pretty nostalgic when the 'Rainbow Connection' came on and I felt like I was five years old again, singing along.  The celebrity cameos were also a fun bonus.  At all other times, I found myself staring at Amy Adams' clothing.  I love the vintage spin they put on her brightly colored dresses.  Most of them were dirndl and circle-skirted dresses with a thicker belt at the waist.

The dress above was, by far, my favorite.  The butterfly sleeves, the circle skirt, the print and the gathers at the bust are very memorable.


I also liked the collars and other bodice details:



Perhaps this will spark an idea for a vintage inspired blouse or dress.  Mmm...butterfly sleeves, bias cut bodices, vintage collars: come to mama!  I just need the right print.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!