Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day everyone!  Better late than never, right?  My hubbie is in the Navy, so we had a fun day hitting up all the restaurants offering free meals to people in the military.  I had no idea there were so many.  We had lunch at Subway and after Scott was done for the day we went to Chili's for dinner and Outback Steakhouse for a complimentary bloomin' onion.  I feel pleasantly plump right now.  Nothin' like eating good food and not having to cook it, right?

I also couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to the fabric store.  This was partially due to the fact that my basement neighbor was tending a friend's dog, and had to leave him alone during the day.  The dog barked non-stop starting at 11 a.m. and I thought I was going to lose my mind listening to his lonely, anxious whinings.  So obviously, I had to think of a reason to leave the house!  I found another cute challis print, some zippers and some ribbon.  Everything I bought was on sale, and then they had this very nice 20% discount today for anyone with a military ID. 

Sometimes I feel a bit guilty cashing in on these discounts because my husband won't get called up to war with his job.  I'm really grateful for all the people who serve our country and for those who make do while their spouses are away serving.  I think that would be incredibly hard.  So, thank you to those of you who sacrifice your time, and time with your family so that our country can be a safer place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!