Saturday, November 19, 2011

My New Blog Header

Check out my new blog header that I created today thanks to this tutorial by Living Laughing & Loving.  



I had no idea there was so much free graphic art out there to beautify you blog!  I used graphics from The Graphics Fairy, and Shabby Blogs along with the extra fonts provided in the download link of '123 scrapbook fonts.'

I also learned about the free online photo editor at pixlr.com.  It's like a poor man's version of Photoshop.  I got spoiled with Photoshop in high school so it's easy for me to get frustrated with other programs.  Pixlr is the best free program I've come across since.  If you're used to Photoshop, just beware that when you save a file, it flattens all the layers into one image.
So, make all your changes before you save.  I am so excited to use this again to create other blog elements.  It gives you a lot more creative freedom than Picnic.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad it was helpful for you!! You are so right about pixlr! So much more freedom!! Thanks so much! Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!